If you roast chickens as much as we do, then your refrigerator is probably brimming with gelatinous, fatty drippings too. You know what I’m talking about … that fatty, salty, sometimes gooey, yummy liquid on the baking tray once the chicken is done. Somewhere along the way, when I had too much of it on hand, I decided to pour it over a tray of veggies, in place of oil/butter, and bake away.
And now, making a veggie bake any other way seems criminal!
First let me briefly tell you the nutritional benefits of the drippings (gelatin/fat)
- Feeds, repairs and calms the mucosal lining of the small intestines.
- Heals the nervous system.
- Improves digestion.
- Reduces allergies.
- Helps better utilize complete proteins that are consumed.
- Contains vital minerals such as magnesium, calcium and potassium from the bones, marrow and cartilage.
- Useful in treating many illnesses, including digestive disorders like hyperacidity, Crohn’s, and colitis, and chronic disorders including anemia, diseases of the blood, muscular dystrophy, diabetes, and cancer.
- Gives the most amazing flavor!
Cheap. Simple. Nutritious. Filling. Satisfying. Can Feed Many. Enjoy.