For those that would love to read this book, but don’t have the time … I’ve summarized it for you! Some very interesting information indeed!
“Wheat Belly is a provocative look at how eliminating wheat – even so-called healthy whole grain wheat – from our diets is the key to permanent weight loss and can offer relief from a broad spectrum of health and digestive problems.
Drawing on decades of clinical studies and the extraordinary results he has observed after putting thousands of his patients on wheat-free regimens, Dr. William Davis makes a compelling case against this ubiquitous ingredient.”
- A wheat belly represents the accumulation of fat that results from years of consuming foods that trigger insulin, the hormone of fat storage. Unlike fat in other body areas, it provokes inflammatory phenomena, distorts insulin responses, and issues abnormal metabolic signals to the rest of the body.
- Most will say something like “I don’t get it. I exercise five days a week. I’ve cut my fat and increased my healthy whole grains, yet I can’t seem to stop gaining weight!”
- For most Americans, every single meal and snack contains foods made with wheat flour.
- Why only pick on wheat? Because wheat, by a considerable margin, is the dominant source of gluten protein in the human diet.
- Wheat has unique attributes those other grains do not, attributes that make it especially destructive to our health.
- Whole wheat bread increases blood sugar as much as or more than table sugar, or sucrose.
- After removing grain for 3 months from my diabetic/overweight patients, the diabetics became non-diabetic and many of them had lost twenty, thirty, even forty pounds.
- Other cures: acid reflux disappeared, cramping and diarrhea gone, energy improved, greater focus, sleep was deeper, rashes disappeared, rheumatoid arthritis pain improved, asthma symptoms improved.